Multiple suggestions; some possible bugs

Your suggestions contribute to make this game better.

Multiple suggestions; some possible bugs

Postby 1065490 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:30 pm

First of all, overall I'm very much enjoying the game. But there are several items that are rapidly killing my enjoyment.

First of all, the World Boss. On Bordeaux server, the number one player has a monopoly on the World Boss. Personally, the way the Boss is designed is flawed, in and of itself. Not a fan of the "only one person can attack it at a time" idea, especially when a single player can spam the fight. Whether or not this is happening, it encourages the use of third-party bots to help players lay claim. But there are several ways to make the World Boss an enjoyable event for everyone, and not just a freebie for the highest ranked player.

Limit the number of times a single player can claim the World Boss to once or MAYBE twice per day. After that, they can no longer fight the boss. This would help minimize the monopoly of the boss by individual players.

Put a cooldown on claiming the boss after you've finished fighting it. Make a player wait 5 seconds or more after the fight before they can fight again. Even set it so that you can only fight the boss once per passthrough. This gives EVERYONE a chance to fight it, and again, basically eliminates (or much further complicates the process of) botting. If this is done, additional precautions should be taken to eliminate attempted sniping... Using the Watch function to wait and then only claim it when its health is low enough. Eliminating the Watch function and placing a progress bar above the Ship in the OS might be worth considering. This would also keep players from camping, but would further the monopoly problem if the first suggestion of the paragraph is not implemented.

DO NOT ALLOW THE WORLD BOSS CHEST TO BE STOLEN!! Seriously, I understand this is a pirate game, and stealing is a part of the game, etc., but let's get back to the monopoly problem. On the off chance, under the current circumstances, that someone else can claim the boss and win the fight, the top people in the server will simply turn around and steal the chest, meaning the same person keeps getting the chest, over and over, whether or not they win. While teamwork on the part of the other side may help the winner to get away, it makes the whole World Boss more aggravating and infuriating than fun. Why participate when there is NO chance of my getting a reward, even if I beat the boss? Worse yet, knowing that beating the boss means the same monopolizing player is going to get the chest anyway has forced some players to dump the chest, rather than have it stolen by the same person who's been monopolizing the boss since the game began. It may be worth keeping certain other items from being stolen, as well (Picked Rifles, XO Brandy), in order to allow more people to enjoy these aspects of the game, rather than simply feeling like a victim.

On other, non-world boss issues, the CP listed for NPCs is crap. I believe this is because the NPC ships don't include any CP from their Captain, but their Captains have high skill levels, making them very dangerous. It may also have to do with the fact that one ship with a 900+ CP rating will NEVER be taken out by five ships with 220 CP rating each. The calculation of CP for players seems relatively plausible, but at over 2,500 CP, I can't take out an NPC at 2,100 (and neither can anyone else I've talked to... this isn't just a bad setup on my part).

If you are going to require equal parts of "K" and "R" parts for ships, then the drop rate should also be equal. In particular, Cog K drops about twice as often as Cog R, though I've noticed a similar discrepancy among other, higher-tier ships. These drop rates have been confirmed by other players, but if the drop rate is actually 50/50, then implement a method to allow players to trade these parts with each other.

Enhancing Stones border on useless at their current bonus level. Even using as many purple as I'm allowed, it only raises my 20% to 60%, and the Purple ones are hard to find. Not to mention, if you're raising the level on something past +8, the success rate drops even farther, while the silver required becomes unreasonable (given the success rate). As for the white and green enhancing stones, to call them worthless would be a compliment. They simply take up space that would be much more useful being used to store something else, but at the bargain price of 1 silver each, they aren't really worth recycling, either. Please consider increasing both the bonus offered by these stones, and the silver given when the stones are recycled. Adding two zeros to the recycle price would not break the game, and would make it worth considering. As for the bonus, it could easily be doubled, once again, without breaking the game or destroying any balance. It would simply make the stones worth using.

Fishing. I love the concept and idea, but really?! 10 gold?! For what will most likely be either a white card or 20 silver? In this case, remove the zero and offer it for 1 Gold. And don't make the second one 2 and the third one 5, etc. Do something closer to the Undersea Treasure Hunt and keep the price at 1 Gold each for the first 10 or more purchases. Raise the price slowly, but honestly... the biggest reason to buy Fishing attempts right now is because you're quitting the game and want to spend all your Gold before you do. :/

You currently have something in the game that keeps lower level players from attacking players who are too high a level/CP. Either get rid of it, or reciprocate it. Sometimes, lower level players will attack someone much higher than them in order to protect a teammate with cargo. It's called teamwork, and it's a good thing. It's the sort of player interaction you want to see in your game, because it's a level of fun that you can't program in; the players have to bring it themselves. It is also not very balanced to allow the high level players to attack someone who is not allowed to attack them in return. These types of actions, used to delay, are some of the only options open when one player's CP is over 33% higher than anyone not in the top 3 rankings.

These are just the items I could remember off the top of my head. Like I said, I like the game and believe it has a lot of potential. I've felt the same way about other games, however, and when the devs blatantly ignored some major problems in game balance, it sent me, and my money, elsewhere. Focus on making the game fun for everyone, and not just for the people who spend the most money, and you'll have a far more successful game than if you focus on the few people who pay $50 a month or more to play. (And seriously... $1,000 for Gold in the game? Anyone who purchases that should be investigated for identity theft and credit card fraud. Know your player base, and remove the items in your store that cost more than $100. Even that is extremely high for the vast majority of your players. Compare your prices to console games, which tend to be much higher quality, and adjust your store accordingly).

scn_69

Re: Multiple suggestions; some possible bugs

Postby scn_69 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:22 pm

VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT AND WELL WORDED!!! GOOD FOR YOU AND HOPE THIS IS REVIEWED AND LISTENED TO!! Many valid points including the ***ABSURD*** cost of gold refills and the blocked ability of smaller player not able to attack larger player.

Games TEND to be meant to protect smaller player from being bullied and harassed by much bigger player, but this one seems to protect the biggest money spender to do whatever they please!!

ATTENTION developers!!! Read this persons multi suggestions very carefully and do some changes now or this game will be abandoned and dead in no time!!!
Fun game and awesome general concept with a LOT of potential, but don't be greedy and kill it off..................

One last point - people love to trade and need trade for silver to buy and do things - why is the number of trades SO, SO limited????? What is with that????

Cheers! :? :?

1065490 wrote:First of all, overall I'm very much enjoying the game. But there are several items that are rapidly killing my enjoyment.

First of all, the World Boss. On Bordeaux server, the number one player has a monopoly on the World Boss. Personally, the way the Boss is designed is flawed, in and of itself. Not a fan of the "only one person can attack it at a time" idea, especially when a single player can spam the fight. Whether or not this is happening, it encourages the use of third-party bots to help players lay claim. But there are several ways to make the World Boss an enjoyable event for everyone, and not just a freebie for the highest ranked player.

Limit the number of times a single player can claim the World Boss to once or MAYBE twice per day. After that, they can no longer fight the boss. This would help minimize the monopoly of the boss by individual players.

Put a cooldown on claiming the boss after you've finished fighting it. Make a player wait 5 seconds or more after the fight before they can fight again. Even set it so that you can only fight the boss once per passthrough. This gives EVERYONE a chance to fight it, and again, basically eliminates (or much further complicates the process of) botting. If this is done, additional precautions should be taken to eliminate attempted sniping... Using the Watch function to wait and then only claim it when its health is low enough. Eliminating the Watch function and placing a progress bar above the Ship in the OS might be worth considering. This would also keep players from camping, but would further the monopoly problem if the first suggestion of the paragraph is not implemented.

DO NOT ALLOW THE WORLD BOSS CHEST TO BE STOLEN!! Seriously, I understand this is a pirate game, and stealing is a part of the game, etc., but let's get back to the monopoly problem. On the off chance, under the current circumstances, that someone else can claim the boss and win the fight, the top people in the server will simply turn around and steal the chest, meaning the same person keeps getting the chest, over and over, whether or not they win. While teamwork on the part of the other side may help the winner to get away, it makes the whole World Boss more aggravating and infuriating than fun. Why participate when there is NO chance of my getting a reward, even if I beat the boss? Worse yet, knowing that beating the boss means the same monopolizing player is going to get the chest anyway has forced some players to dump the chest, rather than have it stolen by the same person who's been monopolizing the boss since the game began. It may be worth keeping certain other items from being stolen, as well (Picked Rifles, XO Brandy), in order to allow more people to enjoy these aspects of the game, rather than simply feeling like a victim.

On other, non-world boss issues, the CP listed for NPCs is crap. I believe this is because the NPC ships don't include any CP from their Captain, but their Captains have high skill levels, making them very dangerous. It may also have to do with the fact that one ship with a 900+ CP rating will NEVER be taken out by five ships with 220 CP rating each. The calculation of CP for players seems relatively plausible, but at over 2,500 CP, I can't take out an NPC at 2,100 (and neither can anyone else I've talked to... this isn't just a bad setup on my part).

If you are going to require equal parts of "K" and "R" parts for ships, then the drop rate should also be equal. In particular, Cog K drops about twice as often as Cog R, though I've noticed a similar discrepancy among other, higher-tier ships. These drop rates have been confirmed by other players, but if the drop rate is actually 50/50, then implement a method to allow players to trade these parts with each other.

Enhancing Stones border on useless at their current bonus level. Even using as many purple as I'm allowed, it only raises my 20% to 60%, and the Purple ones are hard to find. Not to mention, if you're raising the level on something past +8, the success rate drops even farther, while the silver required becomes unreasonable (given the success rate). As for the white and green enhancing stones, to call them worthless would be a compliment. They simply take up space that would be much more useful being used to store something else, but at the bargain price of 1 silver each, they aren't really worth recycling, either. Please consider increasing both the bonus offered by these stones, and the silver given when the stones are recycled. Adding two zeros to the recycle price would not break the game, and would make it worth considering. As for the bonus, it could easily be doubled, once again, without breaking the game or destroying any balance. It would simply make the stones worth using.

Fishing. I love the concept and idea, but really?! 10 gold?! For what will most likely be either a white card or 20 silver? In this case, remove the zero and offer it for 1 Gold. And don't make the second one 2 and the third one 5, etc. Do something closer to the Undersea Treasure Hunt and keep the price at 1 Gold each for the first 10 or more purchases. Raise the price slowly, but honestly... the biggest reason to buy Fishing attempts right now is because you're quitting the game and want to spend all your Gold before you do. :/

You currently have something in the game that keeps lower level players from attacking players who are too high a level/CP. Either get rid of it, or reciprocate it. Sometimes, lower level players will attack someone much higher than them in order to protect a teammate with cargo. It's called teamwork, and it's a good thing. It's the sort of player interaction you want to see in your game, because it's a level of fun that you can't program in; the players have to bring it themselves. It is also not very balanced to allow the high level players to attack someone who is not allowed to attack them in return. These types of actions, used to delay, are some of the only options open when one player's CP is over 33% higher than anyone not in the top 3 rankings.

These are just the items I could remember off the top of my head. Like I said, I like the game and believe it has a lot of potential. I've felt the same way about other games, however, and when the devs blatantly ignored some major problems in game balance, it sent me, and my money, elsewhere. Focus on making the game fun for everyone, and not just for the people who spend the most money, and you'll have a far more successful game than if you focus on the few people who pay $50 a month or more to play. (And seriously... $1,000 for Gold in the game? Anyone who purchases that should be investigated for identity theft and credit card fraud. Know your player base, and remove the items in your store that cost more than $100. Even that is extremely high for the vast majority of your players. Compare your prices to console games, which tend to be much higher quality, and adjust your store accordingly).

Postby 1065490 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:09 pm

Agreed on the number of trades. Mixed feelings on it, since it lets more casual players be more competitive, but the need for silver is EVERYWHERE, and not a small amount. Between the amount you get from green or even blue trades quickly becoming insufficient, and the restriction on number of trades keeping players from ever running anything other than the most expensive goods available, this is definitely something that should be heavily considered and addressed. Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas atm that don't cause as many problems as they solve,... hmm... then again, just thought of an idea.

Trade credits.

Instead of a flat number of trades, you have a number of trade credits. Different qualities of goods require different numbers of credits to sell. If your best item is white, then only one credit. If your best item is green, two; blue, three; purple, four; gold, five. You could then offer more than just 18 credits, and encourage players to sell at least some variety of goods that isn't based on the highest level product they have unlocked.

I've also heard that if you run out of trades, you can still sell items you've stolen, just not items you bought. I don't know if this is true, or the person was using gold/gifts without realizing it. If the first, then please fix. If the latter, then a warning window that does NOT default to "never show this again" would be appreciated.

And please stop defaulting to "never show this again" on warning messages about spending gold. I'd like to be reminded and given the option to back out, especially if it's something that doesn't specifically cost gold every time.

Venn

Postby Venn » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:11 pm

Hello,

I would agree with this persons post... but my main issue is the attack issue...... why can a lvl 44 ....4214 cp player atk a lvl 34 1600 cp player..... but a lvl 39 2600 player can not attack a 4212 player? ...... if you guys are going to have cp caps for attacking.. make sure it works both ways... a 500 cp either way cp attack cap would be perfect.. would keep the gameplay honest.........

Venn...

Postby 1065490 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:28 pm

The attack cap discrepancy has been mentioned a lot in chat when I've been on. 500 cp seems a little small, but 1,000 cp seems a little too much. 750 cp seems reasonable. I think there might be other, better ways to deal with the bullying/griefing in the game, but I'm not going to get into that now. The suggestions in my previous posts would do a lot towards that, honestly. But the attacking of someone significantly higher than you often has strategic value, and imo, should be allowed. I've done it many times in efforts to tie up a top player and keep him from raiding my allies left and right, especially during trade events or while gold rifles are available.

The additional issue I'd like to mention in this post is the opening sequence when you first log into the game. Yes, I know the main quest exists. Yes, I know I'm not high enough trade level to continue the quest. Yes, I know I can raise my trade level by trading. Any person who hasn't figured that out by trade level 20, let alone 30 or 40, should not be allowed to operate a computer unsupervised, and should probably not be playing any games more complicated than CandyLand. In this case, less is better. Just get rid of the Click Here, Click Here, Click Here, Click Here routine we're being forced to go through every time we log into the game.

On a similar note, the Daily Check-in Window popping up every time makes it useless. Get rid of the large blank window, and have the actual calendar with the daily check-in pop up instead. And ONLY have it pop up if the person hasn't signed in for the day. This would make it far more meaningful, and make it less likely for players to simply ignore the window and close it because it's ALWAYS there, whether we've signed in or not. I've personally missed two days of the sign-in bonus, not because I didn't play those days, but because closing that large empty window has become second nature to me. It's only applicable once per day; beyond that, it is just annoying. Make the calendar pop up instead, or better yet, just give us the sign-in bonus without forcing us to jump through a bunch of pointless hoops to get it.

And could you please find a way to remember whether the sound was turned on or off the last time we played and restore it to that setting? Seriously, every time I login, I have to mute this, close that, click here, close that, click here, close that,... I'm sure somebody thought it would be helpful to players at some point to have all that at the opening, but it is not. It is really just annoying, and delays my getting to the game itself.

And since this is supposed to be a Suggestions forum, some feedback from the actual game company would be appreciated. Just so we know we're being listened to, and not just being directed to a dead forum where our opinions and suggestions go to die.

Master Sword

Postby Master Sword » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:22 am

Hi,

Thank you for editing these suggestions and "potential bugs" to us. We will take them into considerations and discuss. It is suggested that you horn your trade levels to get a better game experience. Cheers!

Postby 1065490 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:20 pm

"horn your trade levels"? Excuse me?! I'm sorry, but that's got to be the most patronizing and useless response you could have given to this post. It directly addresses only one of the suggestions I made, and it's a horrible response to that.

Last week, I added up the number of players from both sides who participated in the Trade War. It's a wonderful way to figure out how many active players you have on the server. On that particular day, you had 51. A grand total of 51 players playing the game (not per side). You have the game and server set up to handle over 200 active players (over 100 per side), but you had 51.

I counted yesterday's numbers to see how they compare. You're down to 43. Less than 10 of those are from W.E.

When I try to tell you that Bordeaux server is in a death spiral, I really wish you'd listen. There are a lot of minor adjustments you could make to the game to make sure that most of the people who play the game enjoy themselves, instead of walking away feeling frustrated and unable to do anything to actually be effective or progress in the game.

I'd offer some suggestions on how to attract and maintain newer players, but given the attitude I've seen shown towards the issues we've tried to bring to your attention so far, I won't waste my time with it.

Given the current rate of players dropping the game, if you're going to save the game, you'd better do something fast. This isn't just a marketing issue. The game needs to change.

Improvement is impossible without change.

Return to “Suggestions”